Our Company > Technical Expertise
Harvest Innovations Research and Development Team is an Industry Leader
Harvest Innovations has one of the leading research teams in the United States in the development of food products from grains, legumes and oilseeds. No chemicals or artificial ingredients are used in the development of the Harvest Innovations food ingredients. The Harvest Innovations Research and Development team have over 100 combined years of scientific development experience in creating food products.
The members of our team are as follows:
Dr. Wilmot B. Wijeratne
Director of Food Technology
Dr. Wilmot Wijeratne has devoted over three decades of his professional career to research, development and technology transfer in the area of grain processing and utilization in food systems. Dr. Wijeratne’s development work includes functional ingredients based on combinations of cereal grains, legumes and oil seeds. “Dr. Wilmot”, as he is sometimes referred to, served fifteen years at the University of Illinois, Urbana, Champaign, in various capacities involving research, instruction and technology transfer. As a result of this experience, Dr. Wilmot is known nationally as a leading expert in the field of natural grain processing.
Product Development Specialist, Quality Assurance Manager
Regena graduated from Iowa State University earning a Bachelor of Science in Animal Science. She has devoted the past nineteen years working as a technical professional in the food ingredients manufacturing industry. While employed with Proliant, Inc., Regena performed product development and application research of protein ingredients for value added functional, nutritional and flavor applications for the food industry. For the last five years, Regena has assisted in the utilization of soy proteins and other oil seeds in the food industry.
Please Welcome Our Newest Technical Staff
Dr. Soma Gandikota
Director of Product Development and Technical Services
- Doctorate degree from Kansas State University in Grain Science and Industry
- Over 23 years’ experience in consulting internationally in development of new products, including cookies, cakes, pastries, croissants and muffins
- Extensive knowledge in the food processing and baking formulation industry
- Director of R&D at J.R. Simplot for Co-Pack and International Innovation
- Development work while employed by GlaxoSmithKline Beecham Consumer Healthcare, Yum Brands, The Schwann Company, Sargento Foods and McCain Foods
- Published in the Journal of Cereal Science
Mr. Giovanni Santi
Pasta Innovations Coordinator
- Graduated from I.T.I.S. in Treviso, Italy in 1986 with a degree in mechanical engineering
- Fluent in Italian, English, Portuguese, and Spanish
- 25 years in the International market working for an industrial pasta machine manufacturer for fresh, precooked and frozen pastas
- Extraordinary knowledge in the processing and formulation of pasta